Nacogdoches Memorial Hospital continues to provide the premier emergency medical department in the area, with designation by the Texas Department of Health as a Level III Trauma Center.
Our goal is to have a team waiting at the back door, ready to go to work, whenever a trauma patient comes in. Everyone on the Nacogdoches Memorial Hospital care team knows their role, and processes are streamlined and standardized to serve patients better.
Nacogdoches Memorial Hospital’s commitment to serve as a Level III Trauma Centers includes a promise to:
• Retain a trauma surgeon on hospital staff 24 hours a day, seven days a week
• Offer general surgery
• Keep dedicated ER physicians in house, 24 hours a day
• Have anesthesiologists and other specialists on-call and promptly available
• Have nursing care standards that are up-to-date for trauma
• Offer 24-hour lab services
• Maintain an intensive care unit
Designation as a Level III Trauma Center assures Nacogdoches residents that if they are involved in a trauma, Memorial Hospital is not only where they want to be - it is absolutely where they need to be.
Axe-idents happen! Sometimes even the biggest, strongest Lumberjack needs medical care fast. Nacogdoches Memorial Hospital is only one block away from the Stephen F. Austin State University campus and we're here when you need us. Nacogdoches Memorial Hospital - Where Lumberjacks Come First.